In Boston on Tuesday (June 15) Matthew Sullivan presented, “Incorporating Fixed Fee Billing into Your Law Practice.” The session, presented with Steve Seckler of Seckler Legal Coaching and sponsored by the Beck Bode Group of Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management, outlined the mechanics and considerations of moving from hourly billing to fixed fee arrangements.
The topics included
- What clients want from fixed fees
- How fixed fees can help build your practice
- Understanding the costs of creating legal advice
- Costs of legal tasks
- Resource utilization
- Planning a project before the work begins
- Managing unexpected contingencies
According to one participant, the event was “an excellent and thought-provoking presentation.”
Presentation materials are available by e-mail from Matthew Sullivan.